Private one-to-one Antenatal Classes
Your experiences of pregnancy and birth will be unique. Some parents prefer to have one-to-one classes in the privacy and comfort of their own homes.
One-to-one antenatal classes often suit clients who feel they don’t need a full antenatal course, who can’t find a course that fits their requirements, or those who find it easier to learn and explore their personal issues in a more private setting.
- Bespoke and created to meet your specific needs
- Suitable if you are unable to commit to a group facilitated course
- Delivered in your own home being convenient and at a time to suit you and the educator.
A private one-to-one class may be a preferred option if you work unusual hours and are not able to commit to a full antenatal course or for second or subsequent births and would like to refresh yourselves on the birth experience.
Antenatal topics that can be covered:-
- physiology of pregnancy, labour and birth, and how the birthing body works;
- signs and stages of labour;
- the third stage of labour – delivery of the placenta, delayed cord clamping benefits;
- the important role of the birth partner;
- effective positions for labour and birthing;
- massage techniques to help deepen relaxation;
- creating your birth preferences and the ideal birthing environment for you and your baby;
- exploring natural pain management options, including the use of water and other natural therapies;
- understanding the different forms of medical pain relief that are open to you so that you can make an informed decision about what is preferable for you;
- what to expect if the pregnancy/ labour and birth does not go quite to plan;
- interventions and different types of birth;
- welcoming your baby, the first hour and bonding;
Postnatal topics that can be covered:-
- postnatal recovery, what to expect after the birth and in the first few weeks postpartum;
- transitioning to becoming a parent;
- baby’s transition from womb to world;
- normal newborn appearance;
- responsive parenting, cues, attachment, baby brain development;
- normal infant sleep, cues and cycles, realistic expectations, sleep safety
- why babies cry and how to soothe a crying baby;
- practical babycare, nappies, bathing, babywearing;
- common feelings and emotions after the birth and when to seek support.